What is CBN (Cannibinol)?
Get some sleep! Cannabinol (CBN) is a non-intoxicating compound that is best known as the cannabinoid created when THC ages. It’s usually present in high amounts in older hemp/cannabis, so manufacturers will use older hemp crops to extract CBN isolate. As an oil, it works best when combined with full spectrum hemp extract (our preferred ratio is 2:1). It can also be beneficial when applied topically in conjunction with other cannabinoids.
There are several potential benefits of CBN currently being explored in research.
1. **Sleep**: Many people report that CBN helps them sleep¹.
2. **Pain relief**: A 2019 rat study found that both CBD and CBN were able to reduce myofascial pain in rats¹.
3. **Neuroprotective effects**: One older 2005 rat study found that CBN was able to delay the onset of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)¹.
4. **Anti-inflammatory effects**: There’s some evidence in rats that CBN may reduce inflammation caused by arthritis¹.
5. **Antibacterial**: Studies on CBN have found that it may be a potent antibacterial agent. In lab settings, CBN was tested on strains of MRSA bacteria that are resistant to traditional antibiotics. Researchers found it to be a potent antibacterial agent against these resistant strains².
(1) What is CBN (cannabinol) and what are the benefits of this ... - Leafly. https://www.leafly.com/news/science-tech/what-is-cbn-and-what-are-the-benefits-of-this-cannabinoid.
(2) CBD vs. CBN: Benefits and Differences - Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/health/cbd-vs-cbn.
(3) Cannabinoids: Benefits, Side Effects, Dosage, and Interactions. https://www.verywellhealth.com/cannabinoids-4847186.
(4) 6 Benefits and Uses of CBD Oil (Plus Side Effects) - Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/cbd-oil-benefits.
(5) The Incredible Health Benefits of CBN Cannabinol. https://www.kindhealthflorida.com/health-benefits-cbn-cannabinol/.